American Planning Association
North Carolina Chapter
This year’s conference is located at the Wilmington Convention Center. For more details on the convention center, please visit www.businessmadecasual.com.
Registration for the 2019 North Carolina Planning Conference is now available!
Conference pre-registration will end on September 20, 2019. After September 20, all registration must be done ONSITE! Keep in mind that onsite registration rates are higher than pre-registration rates.
For those individuals who had to cancel their attendance to last year’s conference due to the hurricane, a 50% discount will be applied off of the BASIC REGISTRATION FEE. To receive this rate, please submit a copy of the registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org and an invoice will be sent.
You do not need to be a member of APA or APA-NC to register. Although, attendees will need to create a free account with APA in order to register for the conference.
- Changes and Cancellations must be received via email by September 20, 2019. No exceptions! E-mails can be sent to email@example.com.
- If you would like to pay via check or purchase order you will need to fill out individual copies of the registration form and e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org. An invoice will than be sent.
- At this time our registration system does not have the capability to register multiple people under the same APA online account. If you would like to send in a single payment for multiple registrants, copies of their registration forms must be e-mailed to email@example.com along with the contact information for who will be paying the invoice.
- Students with a valid ID receive a discounted registration rate. The Student registration rate does not include Tuesday night’s Exhibitor and Sponsor Meet & Greet Reception or the Wednesday night Welcome Reception. Students are able to attend the conference sessions but must pay for mobiles and other activities that require additional payment. We do not offer free conference registration for those students who would like to volunteer at the conference.
- We accept cash, check and credit cards at Onsite Registration.
- Attendees can register for Mobile Tours and other activities during Onsite Registration if spots are still available.
Official Conference Hotel
The cut-off date to make reservations at our conference hotel for our special group rate has passed. Hotel accommodations near the Wilmington Convention Center can be found by visiting https://www.
The 2019 North Carolina Planning Conference Program is subject to change. Changes to the program will be posted as soon as possible.
Conference Location Information & Links
For more information on Wilmington and the surrounding communities, please visit the following links: www.wilmingtonnc.gov www.wilmingtonandbeaches.com www.nhcgov.com www.townofwrightsvillebeach.com www.carolinabeach.org www.townofkurebeach.org www.brunswickcountync.gov www.capefearcog.org www.pendercountync.gov www.townofleland.com
Sponsors & Exhibitors
The 2019 North Carolina Planning Conference Sponsorship Prospectus is now available. In this prospectus, you will find details regarding all of our sponsorship opportunities. Please read all of the information carefully.
Once you have identified the level appropriate for your organization, please click on the link below to submit a sponsorship request form. All forms must be sent using our new online submission platform (Submittable). You will be required to create a free account on Submittable in order to submit a request form.
- Speakers must register for the conference unless they only attend the session in which they are participating and will not be attending other conference functions. No speaker discounts are available.
- All speakers who will attend sessions other than their own and conference events MUST pay regular registration fees.
- Proposer/Organizer of the session is required to be present as a Speaker or Moderator of the session they proposed.
- Most session rooms will be in a classroom format. Additional set-ups can be requested but are not guaranteed.
- Speakers will be provided with a laptop, laptop podium, wired microphone, screen, projector, presentation remote, and presenter table with four chairs (no additional microphones on the presenter table) in each of the session rooms.
- Additional equipment can be requested but is not guaranteed.
- All General Sessions are scheduled in 75 minute increments.
- Complete Lightning Round Sessions may have up to 4 mini-presentations that are assembled into a combined session of 75 minutes (15 minutes per topic, 1 speaker per topic).
- We CANNOT guarantee specific dates and time slots if your session/mobile is selected. the Conference Committee reserves the right to schedule sessions on any available date/time in the conference program. Session organizers will have the opportunity to accept or decline their assigned time slot.
- Kara M. Louise will be coordinating all sessions and is the primary contact for the conference. Proposers should communicate directly with Kara via our session proposal platform Submittable using the Messages tool.