This year’s conference is located at the Wilmington Convention Center. For more details on the convention center, please visit www.businessmadecasual.com.
Official Conference Hotel
The link to the conference hotel and our special conference room rates will be available in April.
Conference Location Information & Links
For more information on Wilmington and the surrounding communities, please visit the following links: www.wilmingtonnc.gov, www.wilmingtonandbeaches.com, www.nhcgov.com, www.townofwrightsvillebeach.com, www.carolinabeach.org, www.townofkurebeach.org, www.brunswickcountync.gov, www.capefearcog.org, www.pendercountync.gov, www.townofleland.com
Sponsors & Exhibitors
More information on sponsoring and exhibiting at the 2019 North Carolina Planning Conference will be available on our website in April.
- When will the conference online pre-registration be available?
Conference registration typically goes live the first week of July. If possible, we will try to open registration earlier. An eblast will go out to our listserv announcing when registration is officially open.
- When will conference online pre-registration end?
Conference pre-registration will end on September 20, 2019.
- Can I register for the conference after online pre-registration ends?
No, after September 20 all registrations must be done onsite. Keep in mind that onsite registration rates are higher than pre-registration rates.
- What were the 2018 pre-registration fees?
The 2018 pre-registration fees were:
Full Conference (APA-NC Chapter Member) – $289, Full Conference (Non-Member) – $329, Full Conference (Citizen, Board, or Retired/Life APA Member) – $219, Full Conference (Student) – $50, Tuesday Only & Friday Only – $50 each day, Wednesday Only & Thursday Only – $189 each day
- Do you anticipate an increase in the fees for this year’s conference?
We do anticipate a slight increase to the 2019 conference registration fees.
- How do I register for the conference?
Attendees will be able to register for the conference electronically through APA. A link to the site will be available when registration is open. Individuals will need to log-in to their APA account to register or create a free APA account.
- Do I need to be a member of APA or APA-NC to register?
No, you do not need to be a member of either organization. Although, if you select the Full Conference Non-Member registration rate, you will automatically be enrolled as an APA-NC member for 1 full year. You will also need to create a free account on APA in order to register for the conference.
- Do you allow changes and cancellations to registrations?
Changes and cancellations must be received via email by September 20, 2019. No exceptions! Emails can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a $25 processing fee for each change and a $30 processing fee for each cancellation.
- Do you accept paper registrations or payments via check/purchase order?
If you would like to fill out a paper registration or pay using a check or purchase order, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Can multiple people register using the same APA online account?
No, our registration system does not have that capability at this time. If you would like to send in a single payment for multiple registrants please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who do I contact if I’m having problems with my APA online registration account?
Please contact APA at the email list on the registration site.
- Do Students receive a discounted rate?
Students with a valid ID receive a discounted registration rate. The Student registration rate does not include Tuesday night’s Exhibitor and Sponsor Meet & Greet Reception or the Wednesday night Welcome Reception. Students are able to attend the conference sessions but must pay for mobiles and other activities that require additional payment. We do not offer free conference registration for those students who like to volunteer at the conference.
- What types of payments do you accept at Onsite Registration?
We accept cash, check and credit cards.
- Can I register for Mobile Workshops and other activities at Onsite Registration?
Yes, if spots are still available.