American Planning Association
North Carolina Chapter
Communications & Public Affairs Committee
The purpose of the APA-NC Communications and Public Affairs Committee (CPAC) is to facilitate the accurate and timely dissemination of planning information to the public, media and allied professional organizations in support of the vision, mission and goals of APA-NC. The primary responsibilities of the APA-NC CPAC include the following:
- Chapter Website – Content, updates and technology platform
- Chapter Newsletter – Supervise Newsletter production and distribution
- Media – Coordinate and oversee media relations including the issuing of press releases, media advisories and responses to media requests for information and interviews. In addition, monitor media coverage of planning related issues in NC
- Public Relations – Develop strategic public relations campaign, including but not limited to the following subjects/events: Annual Chapter Awards; Great Places in NC Initiative; National Planning Month; Quarterly Planning News stories for distribution.
- Social Media – Promote the use of various social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter and others, to inform and engage members of the public, planning community and allied professions.
- Coordination – The CPAC shall coordinate with all standing APA-NC Standing Committees on matters related to communications and public affairs, as appropriate.
For more information, please contact:
Paul Black, AICP
Pete Sullivan, AICP