Name of Employer: Minnesota Department of Transportation
Employer Website: www.mndot.gov
St. Paul, MN
Job title: Aeronautics Land Use Planner
Job Details / Description
Come work for MnDOT the nation’s leader in the Transportation industry! How would you like to establish and manage the Office of Aeronautics’ airport land use compatibility review program? At MnDOT we will provide you with a lot of variety but also stability allowing you the freedom to prioritize your family life. Our work is interesting. This position’s responsibilities include the following:
- Overseeing, tracking and in many cases conducting compatibility reviews for a variety of project types for impacts to an airport and its environs including but not limited to: highway and other modal projects, tribal lands, wetlands, mining rights, high voltage transmission lines, and community comprehensive plans.
- Serves as the primary land use compatibility liaison between Aeronautics and our planning partners such as MPOs, RDCs, League of Minnesota Cities and MnDOT’s Model Offices.
- Support ongoing long-term planning efforts such as the State Aviation System Plan and the Statewide Airport Economic Impact Study as well as assisting in the development and/or management of Aeronautics “family of plans”.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a short-and long-term aeronautics focused research program.
- Assist our Regional Planning team in performing regional planner duties such as participation in the creation and review of Airport Master Plans, Airport Layout Plans and Airport Safety Zoning Ordinances.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Up to 29 paid vacation days per year
- 13 paid sick days per year
- Defined pension plan
- Paid life insurance
- Short term disability available
- Training opportunities
- And more!
We are driven to find talented, innovative employees for Minnesota’s nationally recognized transportation system. We work to build the best team in the transportation industry to ensure that Minnesota thrives with a safe, sustainable and leading edge transportation system. You will be surrounded by a diverse community of experts, each driven by challenging work and motivated by the greater good. You will understand the impact of the work you are doing and be able to see the benefit you are providing to the citizens of Minnesota. You can set your sights high and use your strengths to grow within the organization. MnDOT offers superior health and retirement benefits as well as a solid commitment to work-life balance, which provides you the tools to thrive both at work and outside of work.
Job Candidate Qualifications
Two years advanced professional planning experience with regional and/or statewide scope (advanced professional: state employees with planning experience at the 10L level or equivalent) ***Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Planning, Geography, Urban Studies, Sociology, Political Science substitutes for one year of experience.The two years of advanced professional planning experience would include:
- Knowledge and application of principles and practices of transportation planning and related laws, rules and requirements.
- Knowledge and application of math and statistics.
- Computer skills, including knowledge and application of windows based operating systems, word processing, and spreadsheet / database management.
- Ability to interpret reports, plans, profiles, cross-sections, maps and legal descriptions.
- Project management ability to manage and direct planning projects of statewide magnitude.
- Communication skills: written, oral, presentation and public speaking.
How to Apply
APPLY ONLINE BY 01/28/2019:
- Go to www.mn.gov/mmb/careers.
- Click “External Applicants”.
- On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID 29269 in the Keywords search box and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other – APA NC.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/mmb/careers will be considered.