Name of Employer: City of Fayetteville
Employer Website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fayetteville
City of Fayetteville, NC
Job title: Assistant Development Services Director
Job Details / Description
Hiring Range: $69,037- $88,762/Year D.O.Q.
With a population of approximately 210,000, Fayetteville is the sixth largest city in North Carolina. We are the retail, service, and medical hub of the Sandhills region of southern North Carolina and home to Ft. Bragg, America’s largest Army installation, and a community steeped in history and enriched with proud tradition and military heroes. Much more information about the city is found on our website of https://fayettevillenc.gov/
The City of Fayetteville is seeking an experienced Assistant Director of Development Services with outstanding leadership, customer service, communication, organizational, and presentation skills. This critical role plans, directs, manages and oversee the activities and operations of the Inspections and Code Enforcement Divisions of the Development Services Department. The Assistant Director works closely with the Director of Development Services on department-wide items. The focus of the work includes permitting, inspections (building, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical), building plan review and code enforcement.
The ideal candidate will be a results-oriented, forward-thinking leader highly skilled in customer service.
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave and Holidays
- Death Benefit
- Supplemental Benefits
The City of Fayetteville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its workforce.
The City of Fayetteville reserves the right to close this job posting at any time without notice.
Job Candidate Qualifications
Key qualifications include:
- Minimum of ten (10) years of increasingly responsible experience in overseeing municipal, or similar, services, preferably in a regulatory and/or technical compliance environment with a high level of concentration in customer service, including 5 years of administrative and supervisory responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in construction management, construction technology, civil engineering, public administration or a related field; Master’s degree preferred is preferred.
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with strong prioritization and organizational skills.
- Proven experience in decision making regarding issues that are highly sensitive.
- Knowledge of operations, services and activities of municipal government, inspection departments, and code enforcement.
- Knowledge of management principles and practices to analyze programs, policies, and operational needs.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of program development and administration.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of municipal budget preparation and administration.
- Knowledge of principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation.
- Knowledge of the relationship between federal, state, and local laws, codes and regulations.
- High level of oral and written communication skills; excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Application & Selection Process:
A number of applicants may be selected to participate in the selection process which may consist of a written questionnaire and on-site assessment center. An official offer will be made after the selected candidate’s reference checks, background check, and academic verifications have been successfully completed.
Candidates meeting minimum qualifications may view a complete job description and submit an application and resume in confidence online by visiting: http://fayettevillenc.gov/jobs
How to Apply
To apply or for more information, please visit the City’s Employment Opportunities website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fayetteville