Name of Employer: Town of Fort Mill
Employer Website: www.fortmillsc.gov
Fort Mill, SC
Job title: Assistant Planner (Planning)
Job Details / Description
Salary Range: Depends on qualifications.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of the town’s comprehensive plan, small area plans, and other planning-related documents;
- Coordinates the review and approval of subdivision plans;
- Coordinates the review and approval of modifications to historic buildings within the town’s Historic Preservation Overlay District;
- Provides staff support to the town’s Historic Review Board;
- Administers the town’s Façade Improvement Grant and Special Tax Assessment for the Rehabilitation of Historic Properties;
- Assists the Planning Director with the review of all annexation requests, rezoning requests, and amendments to the town’s Unified Development Ordinance;
- Assists the Planning Director and Assistant Planner (Zoning) with the review and inspection of development projects;
- Provides timely and accurate information to residents, business owners and development professionals; and
- Attends meetings which may take place outside of regular business hours, including some evenings and weekends
Job Candidate Qualifications
Minimum Training and Experience:
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in city/regional/urban planning, architecture, public policy, public administration or a similar field with at least two years’ experience in planning, zoning, land use, and land development work, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. A master’s degree in the above referenced fields may be used in lieu of the required minimum experience.
- Must have knowledge of state laws governing land development, zoning and comprehensive planning.
- Requires the ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously, handle conflict, and provide exceptional customer service.
- Previous planning experience in the state of South Carolina is preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Candidates must be able to pass a drug screening and thorough background check.
How to Apply
Position will remain open until filled.
Applications and complete job descriptions may be found at www.fortmillsc.gov.
Please submit a completed application, resume, and cover letter to Human Resources, P.O. Box 159, Fort Mill, SC 29716.
Application materials may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Email submission is preferred, though not required)
The Town of Fort Mill is an equal opportunity employer.