Name of Employer: City of Charlotte
Job title: Associate Planner – Entitlement Services
Job Details / Description
The Planning Department is seeking an Associate Planner to join the Entitlement Services Division. This position will have a range of responsibilities in conjunction with the City of Charlotte’s first Unified Development Ordinance (UDO).
The position will be a member of the department’s UDO team working with a nationally recognized consultant to develop, adopt, and implement the UDO.
These responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
- Coordinating the zoning, land development, historic district and subdivision review processes
- Guiding growth and enhancing design of the City and County
- Promoting and supporting economic development in a fiscally and environmentally sustainable manner
- Revitalizing and enhancing neighborhoods, business areas and corridors; and
- Planning for the development of the Center City and other major activity center
- Participating in multi-disciplinary teams developing regulatory approaches and recommendations
- Reviewing consultant deliverables and testing recommendations
- Coordinating with staff within PD&D, as well as other governmental agencies
- Researching and analyzing regulatory approaches, and preparing reports
- Developing project presentations
- May also provide supplemental support to the rezoning process
- Related responsibilities may include some or all of the following: technical writing, planning research and analysis, plan review, rezoning customer service, and other tasks as needed
Salary Range: Negotiable Up to $53,324 – $59,249; Depending on qualifications
Job Candidate Qualifications
Associate’s degree with one year of relevant work experience; or a Bachelor’s degree; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the essential job duties
** AICP or other certifications **
How to Apply
If you need assistance completing your online application, you are welcome to visit the City of Charlotte Human Resources Department lobby where we have workstations available.
Our office is located at 700 East 4th Street, Suite 200, Charlotte, NC 28202. Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST), excluding official City holidays. Anyone seeking an accommodation to apply for a job may call (704) 336-2285 for assistance or you may email questions to CityHrJobPostingsNotify@ci.charlotte.nc.us.