Employer: Town of Fuquay-Varina
Job title: Code Compliance Officer – Part-time
As part of the Town’s Planning Department, a Code Compliance Officer performs a variety of technical duties; monitors and enforces a variety of regulations related to zoning, sign, land use, nuisances, and other matters of public concern. This part-time, 20 hour per week position will serve as a resource and provide information on Town regulations and permitting procedures to property owners, residents, businesses, and the general public.
- Responsibly administer, investigate, and enforce nuisance, sign, and zoning regulations and other local ordinances
- Make independent judgments on behalf of the Town, communicate fairly and professionally with the public, and resolve conflicts
- Coordinate and administer the enforcement process from start to finish
- Perform duties as assigned
- Experience as a building code, zoning, or nuisance abatement official, police (or military police) officer, or equivalent enforcement role preferred
- High school education required
- Valid NC Driver’s License and acceptable driving record required
- Certified Zoning Official (CZO) preferred
- Professional organizational skills & project coordination is critical for success in this position
- Ability to produce official documentation, communicate with and educate citizens, represent the Town, and act on behalf of the Town in official duties, ability to coordinate code enforcement action with citizens.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with the general public, development community, and Town and other governmental staff