Name of Employer: City of Rocky Mount, NC
Employer Website: www.rockymountnc.gov
Rocky Mount, NC
Job title: Community Development Planner
Job Details / Description
$44,502.31 – $66,753.48 Annually
- Performs numerous planning related projects and studies independently, as a project team member or as assigned directly by a higher level planner;
- Assists in the preparation of comprehensive, small area and strategic planning efforts relating to a wide variety of social, economic, physical and facility planning, including research analysis and design;
- Makes recommendations for development opportunities in the community;
- Provides staff assistance, graphic aides, and reports to various boards and commissions;
- Participates in budget planning and management;
- Contributes to the preparation of state and federal reports as required;
- Responsible for assisting the Community Development Administrator in researching available grants, recommends potential grant programs, and assists in completing grant application;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Candidate Qualifications
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field such as planning, business or public administration, or geography.
- At least three years of relevant work experience preferred, however, a master’s degree in a related field may be substituted for experience.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of North Carolina for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- May require occasional night or weekend meetings and travel for training.
How to Apply
Close Date: July 7, 2017