Name of Employer: APD Urban Planning and Management LLC
Employer Website: https://apdurban.com/open-positions-apd/
Job title: Community Planning Summer Intern
Job Details / Description
APD Urban Planning and Management, LLC (APD-U) is seeking to fill a full-time summer intern position. APD-U is a planning firm focused on urban neighborhood revitalization and community development. Our firm staff consists of experienced professionals in multiple disciplines including, neighborhood and urban planning, community redevelopment, and real estate development. We are seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented intern to be employed in our Atlanta office.
Job tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Assist project managers in the development of planning documents, housing research, and community development processes.
- Aid in the preparation of reports using Adobe Creative Suite or other presentation software, memos, PowerPoint presentations, Excel models and presentation graphics.
- Conducting field work and demographic research of existing conditions.
- Researching grants and financing opportunities for projects.
- Producing GIS maps and spatial analysis, include compiling, analyzing, and managing socioeconomic and geospatial data.
- Creating presentation boards and renderings for community engagement purposes.
- Assisting in implementation of a variety of programs including Community Retention Strategies, Neighborhood Marketing, Housing Studies, and Community Redevelopment Projects.
- Assist with administrative duties as required.
Job Candidate Qualifications
- Proficiency in ESRI ArcGIS (preferably Desktop and Online platforms); Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office.
- Experience preparing and assembling presentation graphics, graphic models and renderings, and report/plan documents
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical methods and sound judgment in problem solving
- Interest in urban redevelopment and community planning
- Excellent oral presentation and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented and commitment to accuracy
- Ability to work both as an individual contributor and in a team environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
How to Apply
Please submit the following documents no later than March 20th, 2018 via email to Bridget Wiles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover Letter
- 3 references with contact information
- Written samples of report or technical work (primarily written by applicant, if a team project is submitted clearly indicate if work was done as part of a team, and your specific contribution to the work).
INCOMPLETE SUBMITTALS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR REVIEWED.