Name of Employer: City of High Point
Employer Website: https://www.governmentjobs.
High Point, NC
Job title: Development Administrator
Job Details / Description
DEVELOPMENT ADMINISTRATOR – Salary from $61,380 annually depending upon qualifications + experience. The City of High Point is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Development Administrator. Successful candidate will perform difficult professional and administrative work supervising the development services division of the Planning and Development Department. Work is performed under the general direction of the Planning & Development Director.
Job Candidate Qualifications:
- Formal Education
- Master’s degree in planning, geography, public administration or closely related field with five (5) years of relevant planning experience; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, geography, public administration or closely related field with seven (7) years of relevant planning experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of urban planning principles, practices and techniques, including an understanding of the fundamentals of economics, real estate, sociology, geographic information systems and research procedures as they apply to planning;
- Comprehensive knowledge of zoning and land development practices;
- In-depth knowledge of state and local laws and regulations applicable to work responsibilities;
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles, methodology and practices of research, data collection and analysis applicable to work responsibilities; and
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software applications applicable to work responsibilities, including the use of geographic information applications.
- Proficient computer skills to use software applications to process board and land development submissions and reviews, prepare reports and perform essential tasks;
- Excellent communication skills to communicate in various forms and convey complex information clearly and effectively to different audiences;
- Creative problem-solving skills to gather relevant information to resolve land development process conflicts;
- Effective facilitation skills to lead productive group discussions;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to create and maintain productive working relationships with staff, associates, city officials, customers and the public;
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage division work activities and projects;
- Ability to supervise and motivate professional and technical staff to achieve work objectives;
- Ability to assess the performance of staff to identity improvements or corrective actions;
- Ability to read and interpret land development plans and architectural designs to obtain required information;
- Ability to comprehend and interpret development regulations and find practical solutions;
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage them effectively to meet established deadlines; and
- Ability to prepare and present professional and technical reports in oral and written form.
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s LicensePreferred Qualifications
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.