Name of Employer Durham City-County Planning Department
Employer Website http://durhamnc.gov/1473/City-Jobs
Job title Development Coordination Supervisor
Job Location Durham, NC
Job Details / Description
The Durham City-County Planning Department is please to announce the availability of the position of Development Coordination Supervisor, available on or after January 3, 2017.
This is a supervisory position, assigned to the newly created Development Services Center (DSC) and under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director for Planning, Development Section.
The Development Coordination work unit is a multi-disciplinary team (Planning, Engineering and Building Inspections professionals) that will:
- Assist business owners, homeowners, and practitioners in the land development industry navigate the City-County development review process; and
- Coordinate the development review process through ongoing engagement with the many City and County Departments involved in the development review process, as identified in memoranda of agreement (MOAs) between the DSC and development-review related Departments; and
- Identify additional improvements in the City-County development review process on an ongoing basis; and
- Research complex inquiries for development review departments and citizens; and
- Provide backup to the Express Services team
Job Candidate Qualifications
American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) membership may be supplanted by a similar credential or set of credentials from a discipline closely associated with Planning, such as a North Carolina Professional Engineer license or North Carolina Multiple Level III North Carolina Building Code trade certifications.
Previous experience as a Supervisor in a multi-disciplinary environment within the Planning, Project Management, and/or Development Services fields is preferred.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated skills in communications, leadership and/or management of a multi-disciplinary team, be intellectually curious and able to learn quickly, have a proactive mindset and approach, have a demonstrated record of process improvement and innovation, and enjoy working in highly collaborative environments, is open to feedback and learning, is willing to coach and teach others, is ethical, confident, creative, and have a positive attitude.
Hiring Range is $55,397.00 to $66,421.00, DOQ. Position is open until filled.
How to Apply
Please apply online at this link: http://durhamnc.gov/1473/City-Jobs
Please contact Assistant Planning Director for Development Patrick O. Young with any questions regarding this position. Mr. Young can be reached at 919.560.4137 x28273 or via email at Patrick.Young@durhamnc.gov.