Name of Employer: City of Milton
Employer Website: https://www.cityofmiltonga.us
Milton, Atlanta Metropolitan Area, GA
Job title: Development Review Coordinator
Job Details / Description
The City of Milton is accepting applications for a full-time Development Review Coordinator in the Community Development Department. Milton, Georgia, is a distinctive community that embraces small-town life and heritage while preserving and enhancing the city’s rural character. Located 24 miles from downtown Atlanta, the City was incorporated in 2006. City has been recognized nationally for its high quality of life and was recently ranked the second safest city in the State of Georgia. Milton is a premier city that strives to promote a high quality of life, create a strong sense of community and place, and respects its rural heritage while guiding its future to be the best place to call home.
The position will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the day to day operations of the Development Services Division; manages and coordinates all building permit and land development operations of the city; develops, reviews, and manages assigned budgets; monitors spending to ensure compliance with established rules and various requirements.
- Promotes effective interaction and collaboration among the various work units within the department and with other cities, counties, and state agencies.
- Coordinates all land development and building permit functions of the city.
- Responsible for customer service and promoting a quality-built environment.
- Serves as the city’s primary point of contact for developer’s interested in investing in the city.
- Supervises, directs and evaluates assigned staff, processing employee concerns and problems, directing work, and completing employee performance appraisals; maintains standards through the effective coordination of activities.
Annual Salary: $70,025-$87,530-$105,037
Job Candidate Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, landscape architecture, planning or other related field supplemented by five years of experience in the construction industry which includes significant experience in residential and commercial development; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Supervisory experience is preferred.
Certified Planner (AICP), or Professional Engineer (PE) certification preferred.