Name of Employer: City of Lowell
Employer Website: http://lowellnc.com/
City of Lowell, NC
Job title: Development Services Administrator / Planner
Job Details / Description
The City of Lowell, NC is seeking a professional candidate to guide development services throughout the City. The position will be responsible for Planning, Zoning Administration, and Code Compliance and maintaining effective relationships with other departments and the development community. The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The ideal candidate must be able to create and sustain an organizational climate that promotes quality customer service in departmental operations. Must have the ability to analyze problems, identify solutions, make recommendations, encourage a creative, balanced approach to solving challenges – The ideal candidate asks how we can, not why we cannot.Essential Duties
This position provides coordinated guidance and management of the growth and development of the City. Work involves providing technical guidance to citizen boards and considerable public contact often in sensitive or emotional issues requiring judgment, firmness, and tact. The role also includes developing a favorable relationship between the City and the community. The position reports to the City Manager:
- Coordinates and recommends a variety of special and continuing plans related to the growth, development, and redevelopment of the City
- Performs a variety of zoning-related requests and regularly works with the public on zoning related issues.
- Works with City Engineer to perform subdivision and site plan review
- Reviews plans for compliance with land use plans, ordinances, regulations, and standards
- Serves as staff to the Planning Board, Board of Adjustment, and other groups when needed
- Enforce the City Code of Ordinances and Zoning Ordinance including Minimum Housing Enforcement
Job Candidate Qualifications
Graduation from a graduate program or four-year college or university with a major in planning, public administration, geography, architecture, urban design, or related field and professional experience in planning, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have knowledge of urban planning and zoning principles, land use and development laws, and current and long range planning methods. AICP or CZO is a plus.
How to Apply
Applications available on the city website under the forms tab or can be picked up at City Hall. Submit your completed application, cover letter, resume, and two letters of reference to the City of Lowell, Attn: Kevin Krouse, 101 W. 1st Street, Lowell, NC 28098. Application review will begin January 15 and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.