Name of Employer: City of Durham
Employer Website: dsc.durhamnc.gov
Job title: Development Services Technician
Job Details / Description
Durham’s Development Services Center is seeking a motivated, high-energy professional to serve Durham City and County residents, developers, and business owners in all aspects of the pre-development process. Come join the front line of Durham’s transformation. This position was previously held by a recent urban planning graduate who was promoted in February 2019.
$35,057 – $42,068
Job Candidate Qualifications
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 4 or more years of customer service experience
Additional Preferred Skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in urban planning, architecture, landscape architecture, public administration, building trades, or related field.
- One year of full-time work experience in urban planning, architecture, landscape architecture, public administration, building trades, or related field.
- One year of full-time work experience performing data entry and cashiering services.
- AICP certification or interest obtaining AICP certification.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and web-based GIS mapping and analysis software.
- Ability to interpret plat maps, plot plans, land surveys, or similar maps and drawings
How to Apply
Deadline is Thursday, February 28.