Name of Employer: City of Greenville
Employer Website: www.greenvillenc.gov
Job title: Director of Community Development
Job Details / Description
The Director of Community Development performs highly responsible professional urban planning, supervisory, and administrative work by directing and managing the personnel and functions of the Community Development Department. The purpose of this position is to provide leadership and guidance to the planning, land use, historic preservation, building inspections, code enforcement, housing, redevelopment, neighborhood, urban renewal, and human relations programs of the City of Greenville.
Hiring salary range: $104,728-$130,873, depending on qualifications
Job Candidate Qualifications
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in urban planning, business administration, public administration, geography, or a related field from an accredited college or university (master’s degree preferred); and
- At least seven (7) years of progressively responsible community development or urban planning experience; and
- At least two (2) years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Position also requires exceptional leadership, management, oral/written communication and interpersonal skills; a demonstrated successful history of administering comprehensive community development programs; and a proven record of building strong relationships with City officials, staff, state and federal agencies and private sector partners, and the community.
- Ideal Candidate Attributes: History of mentoring staff and effectively cultivating successful long-term and short-term urban planning programs.
- A demonstrated track record of accomplishment and experience in urban planning, housing, and community development and revitalization.
- A strong focus on customer service.
- Progressively responsible community development administration experience in a department of comparable size, including experience working in diverse socioeconomic and multicultural communities working to build relationships of trust with all segments of the community.
- Experience working in a high growth, urban city.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
How to Apply
Applications accepted until filled
Go to www.greenvillenc.gov, click on “Career Opportunities “at the top of the page. click on the job title and then click on “apply”
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer