Name of Employer: MN Department of Transportation
Employer Website: https://mn.gov/mmb/careers/
Saint Paul, MN
Job title: Director, Office of Planning, Program Management & Transit
Job Details / Description
This position manages the Metro District Office of Planning, Program Management, and Transit. The position provides managerial, strategic leadership and oversight direction to the Metro District’s construction program and budget, Twin Cities multi-agency planning functions, MnPASS planning and policy program, and Transit Section’s planning, design, construction, and operations. The position leads and/or participates in national, state, local and department and district management teams, task forces and issue committees. The position is accountable for determining the overall objectives, priorities, and policies as well as for the outcomes achieved with authority to exercise broad discretionary powers on a regular basis.
Why Work for Us
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Earn up to 29 paid vacation days per year
- Earn 13 paid sick days per year
- Defined pension plan
- Paid life insurance
- Short & long-term disability available
- Flexible working schedule
- Training opportunities and more!
We are driven to find talented, innovative employees for Minnesota’s nationally recognized transportation system. We work to build the best team in the transportation industry to ensure that Minnesota thrives with a safe, sustainable and leading edge transportation system. You will be surrounded by a diverse community of experts, each driven by challenging work and motivated by the greater good. You will understand the impact of the work you are doing and be able to see the benefit you are providing to the citizens of Minnesota. You can set your sights high and use your strengths to grow within the organization. MnDOT offers superior health and retirement benefits as well as a solid commitment to work-life balance, which provides you the tools to thrive both at work and outside of work.
Job Candidate Qualifications
To minimally qualify, applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Geography, Urban Studies, Sociology, Political Science, Civil Engineering, or Public Policy; AND
- Three (3) years of managerial experience in the field of transportation planning and program management
- Two (2) years managerial experience and two (2) years advanced supervisory experience (supervision of lower level supervisors and professional staff) in a major transportation program which includes experience developing and implementing policies and budgets.
(NOTE: managerial means those positions accountable for determining, securing and allocating human, financial and other resources needed to accomplish objectives).
If you meet this requirement, and wish to be considered further in the selection process, you must provide a summary of your knowledge and/or experience in the following areas:
- Transportation planning, transportation design, and urban planning concepts;
- Leadership: Demonstrated ability to lead and support change in a multi-disciplined environment;
- Technical: Thorough knowledge federal (FHWA, FTA, FRA), state and major metropolitan area (Metropolitan Council) laws;
- Fiscal: Experience developing and managing complex budgets including allocating resources;
- Policy-Making: Experience developing and implementing policies, rules, standards and procedures;
- Human Relations: Experience building and maintaining relationships with major stakeholder groups or agencies.
How to Apply
Apply Online by 2/11/2019
- Go to mn.gov/careers and click “External Applicants – Search for Jobs Now”.
- Using the keyword search box type in, 29946.
- Select the job title, review the posting, and then click “Apply” at the bottom of the posting to start your application.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, list “Other – APA/NC “.**Applications must be received on mn.gov/careers by 2/11/2019 to be considered**