Name of Employer: Selma Redevelopment Authority
Employer Website: www.selmadowntown.org
Job title: Executive Director
Job Details / Description
The Selma Redevelopment Authority is in search of its first Executive Director to lead a place-based revitalization effort in one of America’s most historic cites—Selma, Alabama. The SRA’s purpose is to spearhead economic development and implement a community revitalization plan in Selma’s downtown core. This is your chance to help build the SRA from the ground up—from managing its day-to-day functions to forging the coalition of residents, businesses and government necessary to create a dynamic and forward-looking community in the place that catalyzed America’s Civil Rights movement.
The SRA needs an executive director that can function as a visionary leader—dynamic, flexible and creative—who can build relationships within and between communities, design and implement an effective long-range redevelopment plan, and lead a true revitalization of our historic town. If you are up to the challenge, we encourage you to apply!
- Promote the improvement and revitalization of the downtown development area.
- Lead the community planning effort for the redevelopment area, building strong relationships with community members and leaders in the process.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with public sector employees and government officials who could positively influence redevelopment in downtown Selma.
- Identify and pursue economic development opportunities for the SRA consistent with its mission.
- Plan, coordinate and implement financial support programs for area business.
- Coordinate and supervise any staff employed by SRA.
- Grant research and/or grant writing process (strongly preferred).
- Knowledge of urban planning, public policy and/or community development.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to forge partnerships across diverse groups.
- Media and public relations skills.
- Strong leadership and management abilities.
- Strong record of professional commitment and goal achievement.
- Bachelor’s degree (required), with coursework in urban planning and design (preferred).
- Master’s degree (preferred).
- Minimum of three years’ experience in community planning, economic or community development or related field (strongly preferred).
- Fundraising background (strongly preferred).
- Prior experience as corporate manager or nonprofit executive director (preferred).
Job Candidate Qualifications
How to Apply: Please send your (i) resume, (ii) a cover letter (with a required salary range included), and (iii) three references (with contact information) to email@example.com by Friday, May 19, 2017.