Name of Employer: SEPI Engineering & Construction
Employer Website: www.sepiengineeering.com
Job title: GIS Specialist
Job Details / Description
The Planning Department within SEPI Engineering & Construction, Inc. is looking for a GIS Specialist/Developer to join its GIS Team in Raleigh. This position will provide GIS technical assistance and tool development in support of environmental, operations and maintenance, and engineering projects.
2-3 years’ working experience in GIS analysis and development
Knowledgeable of GIS concepts and theory
Ability to conduct vector-based spatial analysis
Experience with ArcGIS software, including Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online
Experience with Python development in ArcGIS environment
Developing tools/applications in ArcGIS and ArcGIS Online environments (WebApp Builder, ArcGIS Pro, etc.)
Model Builder experience
Experience with geodatabase design, data models and relational databases
Knowledge of SQL, query development experience
Experience with Microsoft Access and Excel
Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
Knowledge of cartographic design principles
Experience in Environmental, Engineering and/or Transportation Planning disciplines
Experience with Mobile Apps and Data Collection
Experience with CAD and GPS
Knowledge of raster-based spatial analysis
Experience with open source GIS software (QGIS)
Conduct GIS analyses to support planners and engineers
Develop cartographic products for staff and clients
Develop Python tools and applications to streamline workflows, process data, perform spatial analyses, automate tasks, etc.
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
- Operate standard office equipment (i.e., personal computer, scanning, copy machine, etc.)
- Talk, hear, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 15 pounds occasionally
- Travel via automobile and work in field environment 20% of the time.
- Work in indoor office environment 80% of the time.
- Moderate noise level
Job Candidate Qualifications
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor or Graduate Degree in Geography, GIS, Computer Science, or other related program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a current valid NC Driver’s License
Must be able to work outdoors during a variety of weather and environmental conditions.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks as assigned
- Must communicate well with others and have excellent phone etiquette
- Must be able to work independently and manage time wisely