Employer: Town of Waxhaw
Employer website: www.waxhaw.com
Job title: Human Resources Director
We are building a team of highly-qualified candidates in order to serve the citizens of Waxhaw. This position will perform professional planning of moderate to complex difficulty; research, analytical, urban design and technical duties to ensure the orderly growth of the Town and efficient administration of Town resources. Possesses an in-depth knowledge of land use planning, subdivision regulations, general statutes, urban design, North Carolina Statutes and transportation and performs related work as required. Work is performed under general supervision and includes primarily complex independent projects with limited team projects.
- Performs development plan review; process development applications
- Development includes major and minor subdivisions, plats, commercial site plans, rezoning, conditional rezoning, condition use permits, text amendments, annexation, initial zoning, construction documents, variances and appeals
- Frequently meets with developers, property owners and consultants as needed
- Assists in review and design of long range planning initiatives such as small area plans, comprehensive plan updates and Unified Development Ordinance creation
- Assists in the analysis of Town planning issues, needs, programs, services, and requests for assistance
- Recommends project priorities as requested
- Attends Planning Board, Board of Adjustment, Waxhaw Historic Preservation Commission and Board of Commissioners meetings as may be required by the Zoning Administrator
- Serves as staff liaison for any assigned boards
- Able to maintain accurate records, prepare reports
- Conducts special projects and assignments as required
- Performs administrative duties as needed
- Performs related duties as assigned
Job Candidate Qualifications
Graduation from a four-year college or university with emphasis on urban planning, landscape architecture, engineering or related field is required; preferably a master’s degree in planning or closely related field. Certified Zoning Official and American Institute of Certified Planners certification preferred. The Senior Planner position prefers five or more years of experience in a municipal planning. Equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
How to Apply
Please complete application and upload resume at www.waxhaw.com.