Name of Employer: Minnesota Department of Transportation
Employer Website: http://www.dot.state.mn.us/careers/index.html
St. Paul, MN
Job title: Interagency Rail Director
Job Details / Description
Up to $128,203 Annually
MnDOT is seeking an experienced leader to serve as the State of Minnesota’s Interagency Rail Director in providing leadership, management, and coordination of government relations and policy functions with MnDOT, the Governor’s office, Minnesota Legislature, and state and federal agencies and other railroad stakeholders. This is your opportunity to establish consensus between government, industry and communities to address rail system needs, risks and opportunities.
Job Candidate Qualifications
Applicants must have extensive experience in strategic planning and public policy sufficient to design and implement policies related to railroad transportation. Experience must demonstrate:
- Knowledge and experience with state and federal laws and legislative processes related to the government’s roles in railroad transportation; transportation funding mechanisms; and the ability to analyze and interpret laws, rules and regulations related to state and federal rail policy.
- Prior experience working with or collaborating with a legislative body, governor’s office and state agencies.
- Knowledge and experience with strategic planning, public policy and administrative principles.
- Advanced leadership and human relations skills to build effective working relationships, work collaboratively, and build consensus with a variety of stakeholders.
How to Apply:
APPLY ONLINE BY 12/06/2019:
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers
- Click “External Applicants”.
- On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID 36852 in the Keywords search box and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other – APA.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.