|Name of Employer:||City of Milton (Greater Atlanta Area)|
|Job City:||Milton (Greater Atlanta)|
|Job title:||Land Development Manager|
Job Details / Description:
|The City of Milton is looking for a highly qualified individual to serve as our Land Development Manager.
This position oversees the day to day operations associated with the city’s environmental and land development regulations.
Typical duties include:
1. Ensures compliance with various Federal, State and Local codes and ordinances as they apply to development activities, including enforcement of subdivision, erosion, and environmental regulations. Uses independent judgment to interpret ordinances and qualify whether projects meet requirements of current code or are vested under previous regulations.
2. Applies knowledge of various codes and regulations to the review of plans and engineering studies required for permits associated with land disturbance.
3. Coordinates staff adherence to professional standards related to plan review and communicates requirements to property owners, engineers, and developers.
4. Receives plans and documents required for permit applications and approves applications for land disturbance permits. Processes final plats and plat revisions by reviewing for code compliance and presenting subdivisions of land to city council for approval.
5. Supervises day-to-day land development inspection needs and coordinates work schedules of site inspectors to ensure project compliance. Assigns inspectors to respond to reports of alleged ordinance or code violations
6. Authorizes enforcement actions such as notices of violations, stop work orders, and citations to ensure compliance with city ordinances and state regulations as they relate to land disturbance.
7. Uses an advanced knowledge of best management practices and environmental regulations to identify and resolve issues.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Candidate Qualifications:
|Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, landscape architecture, planning or other related field supplemented by three years of experience in the construction industry which includes experience in residential and commercial development; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Demonstrated knowledge of development codes and land inspection practices, policies and procedures; knowledge of applicable laws, ordinances, policies, standards and regulations pertaining to development are essential.
Certified Planner (AICP), Professional Landscape Architect (PLA), or Professional Engineer (PE) certification preferred.
Certified Professional in Erosion & Sediment Control (CPESC) or ability to obtain certification within six months of the date of hire.
How to Apply:
|For prompt consideration, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Milton