Name of Employer: Capital Area MPO
Employer Website: www.campo-nc.us
Job title: LAPP Program Manager
Job Location: Raleigh, NC
Job Details / Description
Manages and coordinates federally-funded, locally-administered transportation projects through planning, engineering, project selection, programming, contract negotiation, project development, contract award, and completion and acceptance stages for the Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization. Tracks selected projects through project development and implementation.
Job Candidate Qualifications
Bachelor’s (4-year college) degree in Engineering, Planning, Project Management or equivalent. Applicants may substitute additional relevant experience for the required education.
- At least 4 years of project or program management experience is required.
- At least 2 years of federal transportation project based experience. Experience with NCDOT construction projects is desirable.
Applicants may substitute additional relevant education for the required experience.
To perform this job successfully, and dependent upon the area of assignment, an individual should have knowledge of project management software, AutoCAD, transportation simulation software, GIS, and MS Office suite of products.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid State of NC driver’s license required.
- Registration with AICP or PE, or the ability to qualify for such registration, preferred
- Work requires considerable independent professional judgment and initiative in resolving problems based on a comprehensive knowledge of Federal and State policies and various intergovernmental program regulations.
- Strong customer service focus, attention to detail and ability to establish and maintain productive relationships with internal and external partners are important.
- Successful candidate will be team-oriented, self-motivated and able to reconcile broad program goals with daily program and project management in a fast-paced work environment.