Name of Employer: City of Raleigh
Employer Website: http://www.raleighnc.gov
Job title: Micromobility Coordinator
Job Details / Description
- Provide routine, daily oversight for the City’s contracted services for the Bikeshare program to include monitoring of revenues and expenditures, program performance, and sponsorships.
- Facilitate the installation of Bikeshare stations at identified locations to ensure utility coordination and adherence to City’s development standards.
- Approve quality of Bikeshare equipment.
- Monitor station utilization to ensure bikes are located in areas of greatest demand.
- Administer the expansion of the bikeshare system through both city-initiated and privately developed stations; develop evaluation criteria for prioritization and approval of new public and private station sites.
- Shepherd new, City-initiated stations through the City’s development review process for installation.
- Coordinate with City staff to integrate the Micromobility Program into City-sponsored activities and events, including
- Transportation Demand Management programs and employer outreach. Communicate with local businesses and neighborhood groups to promote the Bikeshare Program.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Administer the City’s agreements with dockless mobility vendors, including bikes, scooters, and any other individual mobility technology that uses the public right-of-way.
- Research and craft rules for operating dockless micromobility devices in the City.
- Plan and administer the parking program for bicycle racks and other micromobility parking options in the public right-of-way.
- Make regular updates to the Raleigh Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Commission and Raleigh City Council on bikeshare and dockless micromobility.
Hiring range: $47,902.00 – $57,500.00
Job Candidate Qualifications
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in transportation planning, city & regional planning, environmental studies, public administration, engineering or directly related field and two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in operations/contract management or transportation planning.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
- Valid North Carolina Class C Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record.
- Instructor certification by the League of American Bicyclists, or ability to obtain, is desirable.
How to Apply
Closing date: 11/22/19