Name of Employer: City of Greensboro
Employer Website: http://www.greensboro-nc.gov/
Job title: MPO Transportation Planner (Pedestrian & Bicycle 2658)
Job Details / Description
Salary: $43,634.00 – $58,170.00 Annually
Job Type: Active Full-Time
Job Number: 01215
Closing: 12/2/2018 11:59 PM Eastern
Job Candidate Qualifications
Primary Duties/Brief Description of Work:
This transportation planner position supports the Greensboro Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) and GDOT work programs with a focus on pedestrian and bicycle planning work. Key objectives are conducting pedestrian and bicycle planning and implementation tasks, fulfilling primary MPO administration duties, and supporting the development of MPO plans and programs. Duties include pedestrian, bicycle, and Greenway planning and project development; pedestrian and bicycle safety; MPO administration; MPO plan and program development; GIS and data analysis; Transportation Improvement. Program and grants development; and public communications and outreach. The selected applicant must have the demonstrated ability to work on several projects simultaneously and in a team environment; the ability to organize and manage projects to completion, including team projects; the ability to research, compile, and present information to technical & policy boards and general audiences. Strong research, writing, and public speaking skills are also necessary to be successful in this position.
The job is EXEMPT under FLSA.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4-6 years of experience in planning, engineering, geography, public policy, environmental affairs, project management, community organizing, public outreach, or communications. ◦Or Master’s Degree with 2-4 years of experience in planning, engineering, geography, public policy, environmental affairs, project management, community organizing, public outreach, or communications.
- Experience with bicycle and pedestrian planning.
- Experience with creating and maintaining geodatabases
- Experience with web development software tools
- Experience using GPS to conduct a field survey
- Experience with graphic design, video editing, and photography software tools
- Knowledge of transit planning
- Knowledge of federal highway funding programs and processes
- Knowledge of USDOT Statewide and Metropolitan Planning regulations
How to Apply
City of Greensboro
December 2nd, 2018