Name of Employer: Town of Huntersville
Employer Website: www.huntersville.org
Job title: Planner 1
Job Details / Description
The Town of Huntersville, North Carolina, located 12 miles north of Charlotte, is accepting applications for a Planner 1. The Town places a strong emphasis on quality design having enacted a form-based code in 1996. Under direct supervision of the Planning Director, specific duties include:
- Reviews, approves and signs off on major, minor and exempt subdivision plats.
- Performs and coordinates final plat review with zoning and Register of Deeds to ensure compliance.
- Receives and responds to questions regarding land use, planning and zoning issues, programs and services including water quality issues, maintenance of greenways, and hazard mitigation.
- Takes complaints and forwards them to appropriate personnel; provides conflict resolution, enforces ordinances with tact and firmness.
- Maintains zoning and subdivision ordinances on computer, website locations and for distribution.
- Serves as staff for Board of Adjustments.
- Guides citizens through planning and development process; prepares legal ads, staff reports and documentation of decision.
- Prepares and maintains department website; prepares and maintains interactive Zoning and Subdivision Ordinance cross referencing links; creates and updates web pages.
- Performs other duties as apparent or assigned
Job Candidate Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree with coursework in planning, or related field, and up to two years experience in public sector planning or related field.
The position requires knowledge of urban design principles, current and long-range land use planning principles, research skills, meeting facilitation, superior written and oral communication skills, and some knowledge of GIS. Graphic skills a plus. Work involves extensive public contact, often regarding sensitive issues requiring judgment, firmness and tact.
How to Apply
CONTACT INFO: Application, cover letter and resume will be accepted at the Huntersville Planning Department Office at 105 Gilead Road, 3rd floor, or be mailed to PO Box 664, Huntersville NC, 28070 or e-mailed to: email@example.com. Employment application can be found at: https://www.huntersville.org/155/Human-Resources
Salary Range: $41,040.33 – $53,147.23 (mid-range)