Name of Employer: Durham City-County Planning
Employer Website: www.durhamnc.gov
Job title: Planner
Job Details / Description
Durham’s Development Services Center is seeking a motivated, and high-energy professional to serve Durham City and County residents, developers, and business owners to serve as a Planner. The desired candidate will conduct reviews of minor development, such as minor site plans, plats, and other various approvals. The selected candidate will also provide customer service to residents, developers, and business owners, and assist them with the development process. This position will also be responsible for conducting the review of residential building permits (plot plans) for compliance with the Unified Development Ordinance.
Hiring Range: $51,245.09 – $61,494.10
- Performs professional planning duties to include conducting analyses, making recommendations on planning and development issues, conducting research studies, coordinating development review processes, conducting property assessments, conducting case reviews, investigating complaints, and identifying ordinance violations.
- Prepares, maintains, reviews, and/or approves graphic, narrative, and other reports, development proposals, plans/plats, maps, articles, and other documents; approves and issues certifications; prepares and makes presentations; maintains records and databases; researches and analyzes information; develops and makes recommendations; and ensures compliance with applicable ordinances, codes, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinates with customers, regional planning organizations, and federal or state agencies, or City departments; attends community forums; participates, conducts, or leads meetings; provides technical assistance; represents the City’s policies and procedures to developers and other interested parties; responds to inquiries; mentors staff; and participates in negotiations.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Reviewing development plans and ensuring that development regulations are met.
- Assisting applicants with the development review process.
- Coordinating and tracking projects as they are routed through the development review process.
Job Candidate Qualifications
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Public Administration, Landscape Architecture or Related Field
- 2 or more years of relevant experience
How to Apply
Link to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/durhamnc/jobs/2483878/planner