Name of Employer: McAdams
Employer Website: http://mcadamsco.com/
Job title: Planner
Job Location: Durham, NC
Job Details / Description
We are seeking an experienced Planner to join our Planning + Design Group to act as a key liaison and project manager in support of McAdams growing Institutional Market Sector.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working within a team framework, as well as independently, on a wide range of project types focusing on energy, higher education, healthcare, but also including mixed-use, residential and commercial projects.
- Preparation of due diligence reports, applications, land use justifications and project narratives.
- Collaboration with multiple groups within McAdams in pursuit of entitlement efforts in multiple jurisdictions.
- Attendance and representation of projects at stakeholder meetings and public hearings.
Candidates should be prepared to bring work samples/portfolio to their interview or provide beforehand electronically.
Job Candidate Qualifications
- Bachelors or Master Degree in Landscape Architecture or City/Regional Planning from an accredited program
- 5-8 years of project management and entitlement experience
- AICP certification a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage and provide support for multiple projects in multiple jurisdictions
- Ability to interpret and apply municipal ordinances
- Strong analytical and technical writing skills
- Ability to research and compile complex due diligence reports for use in evaluating potential development sites
- Ability to work/negotiate with local review agencies and stakeholder groups on behalf of client’s needs
- Strong presentation skills and ability to speak before governing bodies and neighborhood groups.
How to Apply
To submit your resume/portfolio for consideration please click here: