Name of Employer: Town of Garner
Employer Website: www.garnernc.gov
Job title: Planner I
Job Details / Description
$44,262.40 – $57,532.80 Annually
The Town of Garner is seeking a Planner I to join a growing and active Planning Department to review permits and subdivision plats, and support the Board of Adjustment and the Technical Review Committee.
This position performs entry level professional planning work implementing a variety of planning activities and programs specializing in development review and current planning along with related work as required. Work is performed under regular supervision.
Examples of Duties
- Reviews residential building permits and sign permits for compliance with the Town’s Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) and manages all related correspondence;
- Reviews exempt and minor subdivision plats and manages all related correspondence;
- Maintains assigned databases along with related paper and electronic files;
- Works at the direction of the supervisor to take in and distribute site and subdivision plans for review by the Town’s Technical Review Committee (TRC);
- Assists in the collection and preparation of data for section staff reports;
- Responds to questions from citizens regarding sign regulations, setbacks and buffering requirements, ensuring UDO and code provisions are known, understood and applied by the general public;
- Conducts site compliance inspections as assigned;
- Provides administrative support to the Board of Adjustment in the form of agenda packet preparation, packet distribution and the taking and transcription of Board minutes;
- Ensures routine maintenance of the Department’s Town vehicle(s);
- Attends evening meetings as required; and
- Performs related tasks as required.
Job Candidate Qualifications
Graduation from a four-year accredited college or university with a degree in urban planning, landscape architecture, urban design or related field required.
Some planning experience is desired but not required.
Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license.
How to Apply
03/04/2018 11:59 PM
Town of Garner Human Resources