Name of Employer: Town of Holly Springs
Employer Website: http://www.hollyspringsnc.us
Holly Springs, NC
Job title: Planner I
Job Details / Description
The Town of Holly Springs is located in the desirable Research Triangle Park region on the southwest side of Raleigh. With a population of nearly 40,000 residents, Holly Springs offers a small-town atmosphere with a variety of opportunities that arise from a growing economy. The Planner I plays a key role in the Department of Planning & Zoning’s current planning activities by working closely with the development community and as a member of the development review team.
Duties generally include:
- Conducting detailed plan review for assigned projects including comprehensive plan amendments, rezonings, subdivision plans, development plans, special exception uses, planned unit developments, UDO amendments, variances, master sign plans, amendments to previously approved plans, and construction drawings
- Preparing staff reports and making presentations to various boards and Town Council
- Participating in special projects including assisting with long-range planning and Unified Development Ordinance amendments;
- Providing customer service to assist the public, developers, development professionals, contractors, etc. with information, processes, technical guidance, and other customer service needs
- Assisting with the work and duties of the Tree Advisory Committee.
- Assisting with site inspections for non-residential development to verify adherence to planning requirements.
Typical working hours include regular office hours M-F 8am-5pm and evening meetings beginning at 7pm on most Tuesdays of each month. Compensatory time is given for evening meetings.
The hiring salary range is $50,794 – 57,779 DOQ with an annual pay for performance salary review, a very competitive benefits package, and a 5% Town contribution to 401(K).
Job Candidate Qualifications
This position requires an independent self-starter with tact and self-confidence and must possess excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite, Adobe Pro, Blue Beam, and/or ArcMap 10.6); the ability to adhere to a strict schedule and timetable; to work independently with many interruptions; to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other employees, design professionals, developers, and the general public; prepare accurate and concise plan review comments and planning reports; the ability to develop, interpret and firmly enforce relevant ordinances; and to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Experience in a public planning department strongly preferred.
A four-year degree in urban planning or a related field and a minimum of 1 year professional planning experience (or an equivalent combination) are necessary. Knowledge of landscape materials, architecture and/or urban design are a plus.
How to Apply
To apply, complete an online application, available on the Town’s website at www.hollyspringsnc.us/1265. Holly Springs is an EOE.
First review of candidates will begin 10/14/19.