Name of Employer: Town of Fuquay-Varina
Employer Website: www.fuquay-varina.org
Job title: Planner I – Long-Range Planning
Job Details / Description
This position provides planning- and zoning-related customer service to design professionals, contractors, developers and citizens. The Planner I will be actively involved in the collection and interpretation of physical, economic, and social statistical data needed in developing long-range plans and projects for the Town of Fuquay-Varina. This position includes a great deal of interaction with the public and other Town departments.
- Provide technical assistance to the community and development partners related to the Town’s Land Development Ordinance, including zoning and subdivision standards.
- Work collaboratively with Town Staff to solve common problems and advance organization-wide initiatives.
- Provide research and input into the development of ordinances, policies, and procedures.
- Utilize ArcGIS to prepare maps, charts, graphs, and other graphic presentations that illustrate study findings and various other projects.
- Work and interact daily with the general public in the form of walk-ins, telephone calls, and public meetings.
- Attend board meetings and present planning related matters that includes zoning, subdivisions, text amendments, and other information as required.
- Understanding of zoning concepts and municipal functions.
- Experience in public speaking, meeting facilitation and/or working with elected and appointed boards.
- Ability to prepare maps and data using ArcGIS.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with graphic software including InDesign and SketchUp preferred.
- General knowledge of Federal, State, and local regulations related to development.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with the general public, development community, and Town and other governmental staff.
Hiring Rate: $49,364.00 – $51,832.00
Job Candidate Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in planning, or a related field supplemented by an internship at a municipal planning department; or one year of experience that includes interpreting regulatory ordinances, developing maps, and reviewing plans; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
How to Apply
Apply online at: www.fuquay-varina.org
Please direct questions to the Town’s Human Resources Department.