Employer: County of Davie
Employer website: https://www.daviecountync.gov/
Job title: Planner I
Davie County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Plan is located at www.daviecountync.gov under Human Resources.
Description of Duties: Under general supervision, performs technical and professional planning and research work within the Davie County Development Services Department. Work involves providing information and assisting the general public with various forms and applications pertaining to proper land use and zoning; reviewing and coordinating review of such applications. Employee is also responsible for serving as liaison to various Boards, researching and preparing technical reports; and performs mapping and data analysis tasks related to Geographic Information System. Employee must exercise initiative and independent judgment in all phases of work. Employee must also exercise tact and courtesy in frequent contact with property owners and the general public.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of codes and ordinances related to areas of responsibility.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of various zoning, subdivision and land use planning.
- General knowledge of the principles and practices applied in the functioning of all phases of local government.
- Skill in the use of Geographical Information Systems.
- Skill in the use of drafting instruments.
- Ability to coordinate the activities of other staff members.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various members of the public, county officials, and members of elected and appointed boards.
- Ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing.
- Performs related duties as required.
Physical Requirements: Work may include sitting, walking, bending, stooping, and lifting weights of approximately 65 lbs or less unassisted and weights over 65 lbs with assistance. Work may include both indoor and outdoor activity where employee is exposed to elements of nature: cold, hot, rain, snow, sleet, ice, etc. Must be able to maneuver in tight places such as the crawl space under a building, climb ladders, step over obstacles, step on and off machinery, etc. Work may include operation of a motor vehicle.
Salary: Grade 66 (Entry: $35,590)
Job Candidate Qualifications
Minimum Training and Experience: Master’s Degree in Planning, Geography, Public Administration or related field; or a Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Geography, Landscape Architecture, or a related field, and 1 year of experience in planning; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.