Name of Employer: Town of Morrisville
Employer Website: https://www.townofmorrisville.org/
Town of Morrisville, NC
Job title: Planner I
Job Details / Description
SALARY RANGE BEGINS AT $49,542 – SALARY OFFERED DEPENDS ON QUALIFICATIONS
Performs professional work participating in a variety of assignments in the Planning Department. Work involves the application of professional knowledge and skills in various municipal planning situations. Employee prepares or assists in the preparation of reports and plans affording considerable opportunity for independent judgment in laying out work details and making technical determinations.
Examples of Duties
- Reviews final plats
- Reviews site plans, preliminary subdivisions, and construction plans for small-scale developments
- Reviews special event application permits
- Reviews plot plans
- Prepares annexations
- Performs site compliance inspections
- Prepares staff reports for the Planning and Zoning Board, Board of Adjustment and Town Council and makes presentations to the same
- Researches, investigates, and prepares written reports on planning policies and issues
- Provides assistance to citizens, developers, and public officials about zoning issues and related matters
- Assists other planning staff with special projects
- Performs other tasks as assigned
Job Candidate Qualifications
A general knowledge of the concepts, principles, techniques and legal aspects of municipal planning; general knowledge of land use planning and urban design; ability to read and interpret ordinances, statutes and plans; ability to make recommendations based on findings in studies and field observations; ability to present written and oral information in a clear, concise and effective manner; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with public officials, the general public, employees, developers, consultants and others; ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision; ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects; ability to be a problem solver; ability to work effectively as part of a team; strong customer service mentality.
A Bachelor’s degree in city and regional planning, transportation planning, civil engineering, landscape architecture, public administration, geography, or a related field, and experience in planning or related field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
North Carolina Certified Zoning Official (NCZO) preferred.
How to Apply
First review of candidates will begin 9/23.
Position open until filled.
Apply online at www.townofmorrisville.org.
Any questions should be directed to Human Resource Analyst Nate Mayer at 919-463-6153.