Employer: Town of Fuquay-Varina
Employer website: www.fuquay-varina.org
Job Title: Planner II – Current Planning
The purpose of this position is to provide planning- and zoning-related customer service to the general public, design professionals, developers, and the like. The Planner II will be actively involved in providing review for technical compliance with development plans; explaining and advising the customers on subdivision, transportation, zoning, land use, and other planning-related issues; and supporting the general current planning needs of the Town.
- Review of subdivision plats, site plans, and other development plans for technical compliance with the Town’s Land Development Ordinance
- Prepare and manipulate maps, charts, graphics, and other data to illustrate various needs related to the Town’s planning efforts using ArcGIS
- Assist in updating detailed land use- and development-related data and maps
- Attend board meetings and present planning-related matters that includes zoning, subdivisions, text amendments, and other information as required
- Work with the general public in both daily interaction in person and by telephone, and in public meetings
- Provide research and input into the development of ordinances, policies, and procedures for the Town and department
- Work collaboratively with other staff and departments to solve common problems and advance organization-wide initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
Rate of Pay:
$51,832.00 – $54,424.00
Job Candidate Qualifications
A bachelor’s degree in planning or related field, although a master’s degree is preferred. A minimum of one year working in a municipal planning office. Advanced skills in computer software and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and ArcGIS.
- Understanding of subdivision and zoning concepts, as well as municipal functions
- Experience in public speaking, meeting facilitation and/or working with elected and appointed boards
- Ability to prepare maps and analyze data using ArcGIS
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Experience with graphic software such as InDesign and SketchUp preferred
- Skill in organizing department’s work, managing deadlines, and maintaining attention to detail in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with the general public, development community, and Town and other governmental staff