Name of Employer: City of Fayetteville
Employer Website: https://fayettevillenc.gov/
Job title: Planner II
Job Details / Description
HIRING RANGE: $48,693 – $62,606/Year D.O.Q.
The City of Fayetteville is currently recruiting for a Planner II to perform complex professional level work in the fields of current and comprehensive planning; provide planning, annexations and development information and assistance to developers, businesses and the general public. The position may lead assigned projects and programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Confer with and advise architects, builders, attorneys, contractors, engineers and the general public regarding City planning and development policies and standards.
- Prepare and modify maps and drawings; collect, organize and update a variety of maps and files including traffic data and annexation area.
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for an assigned department; identify resource needs; recommend and implement policies and procedures.
- Review development proposals and applications for compliance with appropriate regulations and policies; prepare reports on recommendations.
- Develop and prepare staff reports and proposals for federal, state and private grants; undertake research.
- Collect, record and summarize statistical and demographic information; develop effective and efficient project models.
- Update GIS data sets used to produce department maps.
- Compile information and make recommendations on special studies including traffic and accident investigations; prepare planning reports including annual departmental reports.
- Answer questions and provide information to the public; investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints concerning the city’s planning function.
- Supervise assigned projects and programs including the summer count program and unified work program; participate in developing project and programs’ schedules and requirements; analyze and evaluate projects and programs for goal achievement.
- Represent an assigned Department to other city departments, elected officials and outside agencies; explain, justify and defend assigned department programs, policies, and activities.
- Estimate project and program cost and demographics; develop cost/benefit analysis; project revenues; assess program impact to stakeholders.
- .Review and approve legal descriptions; coordinate implementation of all procedural steps required by statute.
- Collect and compile a comprehensive database.
- Provide responsible staff assistance to an assigned department; assist in special research projects as requested; prepare and present staff reports and other necessary correspondence.
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave and Holidays
- Death Benefit
- Supplemental Benefits
To apply or for more information, please visit the City’s Employment Opportunities website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fayetteville
The City of Fayetteville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its workforce.
The City of Fayetteville reserves the right to close this job posting at any time without notice.
Job Candidate Qualifications
- Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Two years of increasingly responsible professional urban planning experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent to a from an accredited college or university with major course work in planning, urban design, public administration, business management or a closely related field.
LICENSING & CERTIFICATIONS:
- American Institute of Certified Planners and/or North Carolina Certified Zoning Official certification or similar.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fayetteville.
Applications must be submitted no later than Friday, September 27, 2019.