Name of Employer: Town of Fuquay-Varina
Employer Website: www.fuquay-varina.org
Job title: Planner II – Long-Range Planning
Job Details / Description
The purpose of this position is to provide planning and zoning related customer service to design professionals, contractors, developers and citizens. The Planner II will be actively involved in the collection and interpretation of physical, economic and social statistical data needed in developing long-range plans and projects for the Town of Fuquay-Varina and providing review of site plans and subdivision plats to support the Town’s current development projects. This position serves a dual role within the current and long-range planning divisions of the Town. The position includes a great deal of interact with the public and other Town departments. The Planner II will also:
- Assist in performing professional level planning to meet the needs of the Town.
- Provide technical assistance to the community and development partners related to the Town’s Land Development Ordinance, including zoning and subdivision regulations.
- Participate in comprehensive planning efforts including land use planning, transportation planning, hazard mitigation planning, jurisdictional planning, and others.
- Provide research and input into the development of ordinances, policies and procedures for the Town and the Planning Department.
- Prepare maps, charts, graphs and other graphic presentations to illustrate study findings and various other projects related to planning using ArcGIS.
- Review, make recommendations and give presentations on petitions to a variety of boards, including the Planning Board.
- Facilitate public meetings and work with citizen groups to formulate ideas and support public input processes on long-range planning efforts.
- Administer and support the street addressing responsibilities of the Department.
- Work collaboratively with Town Staff to solve common problems and advance organization-wide initiatives.
Hiring rate: $50,320
Job Candidate Qualifications
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in planning or related field and two years of professional planning experience; or master’s degree and one year of professional planning experience. Advanced skills in ArcGIS and related software tools.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of planning principles, community planning, land use planning, zoning and subdivision principles, and general application of development regulation.
- Familiarity with North Carolina General Statutes, technical ordinances, and basic governmental and administrative frameworks involved in effective planning.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms and make presentations.
- Ability to analyze planning issues and recommend solutions.
- Skills in independent task completion, organization, deadline management, and attention to detail in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively utilize MS Office and development management software on a variety of platforms.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can submit an electronic application or access PDF to make a paper submittal at: http://nc-fuquayvarina.civicplus.com/Jobs.aspx
October 16, 2017 5:00 PM