Name of Employer: Town of Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, NC
Job title: Planner II/Senior Planner-Design
Job Details / Description
The Town of Chapel Hill has created a new position for either a Planner II or a Senior Planner with a landscape design background. This person will conduct development plan review for compliance with the Town’s tree protection and landscaping regulations, provide staff support to Town Advisory Boards and internal and external customers, and serve as an in-house expert on design issues. The successful candidate will manage projects, conduct site inspections, and assist on special projects. The hiring range is $43,627-62,171. Are you our new Planner for Design? If so, apply today!
The Chapel Hill Planning Department is looking for a talented change agent who can help bring the department to the next level of effectiveness and customer service. To do this, the candidate will need to have:
- A strong background in landscape architecture and design.
- The ability to read and interpret ordinances, statutes, plans, and maps.
- The ability to review site plans and other development-related materials, as well as base knowledge of best planting practices and planting choices.
- Project management experience.
- A problem-solving mindset to work through issues and reach solutions.
- A commitment to serving the community in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Job Candidate Qualifications
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in planning or landscape architecture (or related field). Master’s degree in planning, public administration, or landscape architecture preferred.
Experience: Three to five years of experience working in planning or landscape design.
Licenses/Certificates: The possession of or the ability to obtain a valid NC state driver’s license and the availability of private transportation or the ability to provide transportation.