Name of Employer: Wake County Government
Employer Website: http://www.wakegov.com/Pages/default.aspx
Job title: Planner III
Job Details / Description
Wake County Long Range Planning staff develops and implements planning policies and regulations for an area exceeding 380 square miles and 190,000 residents. We collaborate with 15 municipal and 2 regional and various state and federal agencies to respond to growth impacts spanning the County’s total 835 square miles of land area and 22 square miles of water. To support PDI’s Long Range Planning Section’s increasing workload, the following were included in the Wake County FY18 adopted budget:
- A transportation planning position
- A current planning position and
- Funding to begin updating the Wake County Land Use and Transportation Plans!
The Transportation Planner position was filled internally creating a Planner III vacancy within the Long Range Planning Section.
Now we need someone to lend a hand to 3 other Long Range Planners and a GIS Analyst to help us thrive through a “NORMAL DAY” addressing:
- Land Use (including development occurring in transitional municipal growth areas)
- Transportation (including transit and orphan roads)
- Water and Sewer (including water supply watersheds)
- Population Growth (including demographic and spatial analytics)
- Vulnerable Communities & Economic Health & Population Health
- Housing (including Affordability)
- Historic Resources
- Natural Resources
- Food Security
- Open Space
- Parks and Recreation & Greenways
Job Candidate Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Planning, Landscape Architecture or related field and five (5) years of experience in planning or Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Landscape Architecture or related field and seven (7) years of experience in planning.
- Ability to identify issues, obtain relevant information, relate and compare data from different sources, and identify alternative solutions.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, partners and various communities of interest.
- Ability to present information to individuals or groups; ability to deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Ability to convey information clearly and concisely to groups or individuals either verbally or in writing to ensure that they understand the information and the message.
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must apply online at https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25076&siteid=5050&AReq=3956BR&Codes=wakecounty by 11:59 pm on December 15th. A completed application is required in order to be considered for any position with Wake County. Resumes in lieu of a completed online application will not be considered.