Name of Employer: Wake County
Employer Website: wakegov.com
Job title: Planner III
Job Details / Description
Wake County Long Range Planning staff develops and implements planning policies and regulations for an area exceeding 380 square miles and 190,000 residents. We collaborate with 15 municipal and 2 regional and various state and federal agencies to respond to growth impacts spanning the County’s total 835 square miles of land area and 22 square miles of water. To support PDI’s Long Range Planning Section’s increasing workload, the following were included in the Wake County FY18 adopted budget:
- A transportation planning position
- A current planning position and
- Funding to begin updating the Wake County Land Use and Transportation Plans!
The Transportation Planner position was filled internally creating a Planner III vacancy within the Long Range Planning Section.
Now we need someone to lend a hand to 3 other Long Range Planners and a GIS Analyst to help us thrive through a “NORMAL DAY” addressing:
- Land Use (including development occurring in transitional municipal growth areas)
- Transportation (including transit and orphan roads)
- Water and Sewer (including water supply watersheds)
- Population Growth (including demographic and spatial analytics)
- Vulnerable Communities & Economic Health & Population Health
- Housing (including Affordability)
- Historic Resources
- Natural Resources
- Food Security
- Open Space
- Parks and Recreation & Greenways
Expected hiring range: $55,484 – $75,000
Wake County offers health, dental, vision and life insurance. Wake County contributes to employee retirement and 5% to a 401(k) program, with no match required. Learn more about Wake County Government benefits at
For more information, contact:
Sharon Peterson, Wake County Planning, Development & Inspections
Job Candidate Qualifications
Master’s degree in Planning, Landscape Architecture or related field and fove (5) years of experience in planning; or equivalent.
Master’s degree in Planning, Landscape Architecture or related field with five years of professional experience in planning or equivalent.
How to Apply
To apply please go to https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25076&siteid=5050&AReq=3956BR&Codes=wakecounty and complete the online application before 11:59 pm on September 29th.
All applicants must have a completed application including a detail work history in order to be considered for the position.