Name of Employer: City of Mebane
Employer Website: www.cityofmebane.com
Job title: Planner
Job Details / Description:
An employee in this class performs research and background work for the implementation of the City’s adopted long-range plans, provides demographic and socio-economic data to the public, facilitates the realization of planning projects and goals, revises plans as-needed to maintain their relevance, and assists the Director with drafting design and zoning standards that will implement planning goals and objectives. Work includes public meeting facilitation and involves giving information, answering inquiries, and serving as primary staff for the City’s Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Commission. The employee will also be expected to work on small area plans that realize the City’s land use, transportation, and comprehensive planning goals, as specified in its adopted plans. Work requires the performance of technical support duties such as doing research work for any planning project for the City. Work on nights and weekends will periodically be required. Work is supervised by the Development Director and is evaluated through conferences, review of assigned projects, and overall completion of assigned tasks. The employee will:
- Serve as staff support for the Mebane Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Commission.
- Review long-range plans and promotes the completion of such plans.
- Research of data and statistics for reports for the department.
- Prepare planning data; interpret maps and data; prepare special growth projections; assist Director in preparation of a variety of planning projects.
- Assist Director with data for planning efforts and provide population and socio-economic interpretation of census, land use and other data on which this plan is based.
- Apply GIS technologies to analyze the needs of small areas and transportation corridors.
- Converse with Public Works and Engineering staff to realize Planning projects.
- Present oral reports to the various boards and commissions and attends meetings as required.
- Perform special projects for the planning function that implement goals and objectives of the City’s adopted plans.
- Assist with the drafting of language to define development and form-based standards for construction in specific areas
Job Candidate Qualifications:
Salary Range: $44,777 to $69,403
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in urban planning or other related field; a Master’s degree and AICP certification are preferred. GIS use must be proficient. And, at least 3 – 5 years professional level experience in urban planning preferably with a government entity in North Carolina; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential duties. Valid Driver’s License required; AICP credentials preferred.
How to Apply:
For an application visit www.cityofmebane.com. By February 29, please mail, fax, email, or hand deliver an application and resume to: the Human Resources Department, City of Mebane, 106 E. Washington St., Mebane, NC 27302. The City of Mebane is an Equal Opportunity Employer