Name of Employer: North Country Council
Employer Website: www.nccouncil.org
Job title: Planner – Transportation
Job Details / Description:
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Planner will provide a leading role in implementing the Council’s work program and assisting the region’s communities. Transportation planning is a large part of this role, with additional opportunities for work in the areas of community development, transportation planning, environmental quality, and economic development. Within this spectrum of projects, the Planner will have periodic opportunities to focus on efforts and projects for which they have a particular passion or experience. In this capacity, the Planner will coordinate with staff and provide direct support to community leaders and regional partners, including research and data analysis, public engagement, preparation of plans and reports, field work, and other forms of technical assistance.
Job Candidate Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree PLUS two years’ work experience in the fields of planning, landscape architecture, conservation/natural resource management, geography, sociology, economics or other relevant field.
• Experience leading/managing projects and/or planning processes.
• Experience working with quantitative and qualitative data.
• Strong oral and written communication abilities.
• Experience and skill working with Microsoft Office suite.
• Demonstrated ability to present information clearly and effectively in written and graphic formats.
• Team player with the ability to work collaboratively and balance multiple projects and priorities.
• Ability to meet deadlines while delivering high-quality work products.
• Willingness to travel and attend periodic evening meetings.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
• Master’s Degree OR additional work experience (beyond Required Qualifications) in the areas of community development, transportation planning, environmental quality, and/or economic development.
• Experience with field work and/or field data collection.
• Proficiency with GIS mapping and analysis.
• Experience with applying for or administering grants.
• Interest and/or experience in working with rural communities.
How to Apply:
This position is full-time with benefits. Candidates must be willing to travel, attend periodic evening meetings, and have a valid driver’s license.
Salary based on qualifications. Benefits including health, life, optical, retirement, and disability insurance are available for qualified candidates.
To apply, please e-mail cover letter, resume, and three references to Michelle Moren-Grey, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is open until filled.