Name of Employer: Caswell County, NC
Employer Website: https://www.caswellcountync.gov/
Job title: Planner
Job Details / Description
- Administers and enforces all of the County’s ordinances related to land use such as, but not limited to; zoning, subdivision, watershed, manufactured homes, outdoor storage, communication towers, flood damage prevention, farmland preservation, etc.
- Renders advice and guidance to the Public, Board of Commissioners, Planning Board, and Agricultural Advisory Board.
- Accepts complaints, conducts investigations, issues warnings and citations, and participates in judicial proceedings as necessary.
- Reviews and approves current development plans and makes suggestions for changes when necessary to assure compliance with development standards and issues development permits.
- Oversees creation and implementation of various long range plans for the County.
- Directs all activities relating to the operation of Planning Department, including budget planning, record keeping and related duties as required.
Job Candidate Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in planning, public administration, business or related field is preferred. Experience in planning and development review, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The position requires knowledge of current and long-range land use planning principles, research skills, meeting facilitation, strong written and oral communication skills, and some knowledge of GIS.
Employee must be able to physically perform the basic life support functions of lifting, fingering, talking, hearing, and performing repetitive motions. Employee must possess the visual acuity to prepare and analyze data, operate a vehicle and a computer terminal, and do reading and detail work in dealing with maps. May require walking in steep/rough terrain. Must possess a valid state driver license and have a safe driving record.
How to Apply
Submit completed application, resume and cover letter to Caswell County Human Resources Department, Attn: Mindy Satterfield, PO Box 98 Yanceyville, NC 27379.
Applications can be found on the Caswell County Official Website: http://www.caswellcountync.gov
Opened Until Filled