Name of Employer: Minnesota Department of Transportation
Employer Website: www.mndot.gov
St. Paul, MN
Job title: Planning Director
Job Details / Description
Up to $100,077 Annually
How would you like to manage and provide planning leadership to the Rochester District Planning Office by providing direction for the planning and programming of a coordinated and integrated multi-modal transportation system in support of MnDOT’s Statewide Transportation Plan? At MnDOT we will provide you with a lot of variety but also stability allowing you freedom to prioritize your family life. Our work is interesting. This positions responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate and develop district long range plans for highways, transit, aviation, rail, waterway, bike and pedestrian transportation systems.
- Relate District plans to planning efforts among various MnDOT offices, southeastern MN counties, cities, public citizen and private sector interests, to develop, coach, direct and supervise the District 6 planning staff.
- As a member of the Planning Management Group (PMG), provide leadership, management and direction to State and District Planning so that programs can be accomplished and constituent needs met.
Job Candidate Qualifications
A Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Civil Engineering or a related field and:
- Two years of professional supervisory experience; OR
- Three years of project development/management experience; OR
- Three years of advanced professional experience in transportation planning methods and practices involving statewide responsibility.
How to Apply
APPLY ONLINE BY 02/06/2019:
- Go to www.mn.gov/mmb/careers.
- Click “External Applicants”.
- On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID 29278 in the Keywords search box and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other – APANC.Only applicants received on mn.gov/mmb/careers will be considered.