Name of Employer: SEPI Engineering & Construction
Employer Website: www.sepiengineering.com
Job title: Planning Project manager
Job Details / Description
The Planning Department within SEPI Engineering & Construction, Inc. is looking for a full-time Project Manager to perform environmental planning duties in our Raleigh office. The candidate will carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: NEPA/SEPA, Project Management, GIS mapping and data collection/analysis and environmental planning.
- Participates in the development of scopes of services and budget and schedule requirements for planning related portions of projects.
- Meet and develop relationships with established and potential clients.
- Independently performs complex tasks using advanced planning and engineering techniques consulting with Engineers and/or Planners on problems.
- Reviews and evaluates environmental impact reports applying to specified public planning projects and programs.
- Independently perform environmental, transportation and planning/socioeconomic research; gather, develop and analyze a variety of data; present data in tables and, prepare maps and graphics using a variety of Geographic Information System (GIS) data using ESRI ArcGIS software.
- Prepare EISs, EAs, CEs, MCDCs, and other reports, plans and technical studies associated with the NEPA/SEPA practice for projects predominantly in the transportation field.
- Some field work is expected (20% of the time) to gather and collect data.
- May be required to make professional presentations to client or agency representatives.
- The perfect candidate will also have experience in transportation planning, civil engineering, land use planning and/or performing environmental impact analysis of non-transportation projects (e.g. public works).
- Experience preparing related plans and reports is a definite plus, including but not limited to: transportation, land use, growth management, economic impact, environmental management, development ordinances, etc.
Job Candidate Qualifications
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor or Graduate Degree in planning, geography, environmental studies, environmental science, public administration, or other related program.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience preparing NEPA/SEPA documents (with an emphasis in highway transportation) in an interdisciplinary setting.
- Experience preparing reports in accordance with NCDOT standards and guidance principles, or other similar state DOT guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a current valid NC Driver’s License
- Must be proficient in ESRI ArcGIS
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks as assigned
- Must communicate well with others and have excellent phone etiquette
- Must have a professional demeanor, strong work ethic and ability to interact with multi-discipline and multi-office teams.
- Must be able to work independently and manage time wisely.
How to Apply
Please visit this link to apply for this opportunity:
Visit our Career Portal for other opportunities: www.sepiengineering.com/careers