Name of Employer: Durham City-County Planning Department
Employer Website: http://durhamnc.gov/
Job title: Planning Supervisor-Development Review
Job Details / Description
The Durham City-County Planning Department is seeking to hire a Planning Supervisor, tasked with managing the workgroup responsible for site plan, and subdivision review. This staff person will also oversee the staff persons responsible for the processing of quasi-judicial cases that are heard by the Board of Adjustment, such as variances and minor special use permits.
- Assists business owners, developers, residents and practitioners within the land development industry with navigating the City-County Development Review Process.
- Under general supervision, lead employees and manage the work programs related to the review of site plans, subdivisions and quasi-judicial applications.
- Assigns tasks to staff, creates and implements performances standards, conducts coaching sessions and annual performance evaluations.
- Compiles data and conducts studies, reports and recommendations to senior management, community groups, public officials, or others as necessary.
Job Candidate Qualifications
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in planning or closely related field
- Five or more years of related experience
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) required within a year of employment.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience in a supervisory role more specifically within the planning field
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) or membership
How to Apply
If you’re interested, please apply. The position closes on November 22. For more information, please click the link below.