Name of Employer: City of Belmont, NC
Employer Website: www.cityofbelmont.org
Job title: Planning Technician
Job Details / Description
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE POSITION:
- Provides technical assistance and information to staff and the public in the administration of specific planning programs areas or ordinances; and
- Reviews zoning permit applications to assure compliance with requirements such as use, bulk, placement, and parking ratios and may issue associated permits.
- Performs routine office tasks in designated program areas, including data entry, file management, copying and answering telephone
- Coordinates projects, meetings, and communication with other departments or agencies.
- Develops and maintains automated tracking systems, hard copy files and records
- Researches and compiles information on a variety of planning issues from multiple sources
- Prepares public notices or property owner verifications
- Prepares maps, charts, tables of limited complexity
- May serve as secretary to various boards or committees
Job Candidate Qualifications
Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in planning, public administration, architecture, geography or a closely related field or a two year Associates degree in a related field and two years of experience in permitting, GIS or zoning; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
Please see information at: http://www.cityofbelmont.org/Jobs.aspx?UniqueId=99&From=All&CommunityJobs=False&JobID=Planning-Technician-30