Name of Employer: Wake County Planning, Development & Inspections
Employer Website: http://www.wakegov.com/planning
Job title: Planning Technician
Job Details / Description
Wake County Planning, a part of the Planning, Development and Inspections Division of the Community Services Department, is looking for its newest member. The division is seeking a Planning Technician to assist in the customer intake and processing of zoning permits, subdivision plats, and Planning Board or Board of Adjustment cases.
This FT position serves as the point of contact for internal and external customers with the Current Planning work unit. Work also involves handling or forwarding general inquiries, data entry, maintaining records and handling financial transactions, namely fee collection. Responsibilities for this position will also include review of land use permits and minor or exempt plats for compliance with development regulations. Work often requires the use of electronic form templates and using the County’s GIS program iMAPS. On a daily basis, responsibilities include; checks in drawings and plats submitted by customers and reviews for basic information and accuracy; coordinates the processing of drawings and plats among Planning staff and other work groups as needed; participates with record keeping and related logs for permit and case type activity.
$17.25-$23.29/hr. expected hiring range
Job Candidate Qualifications
- Associate’s degree in Planning, Landscape Architecture or related field and one year of experience in planning or equivalent.
- General knowledge of residential and commercial construction practices.
- Ability to read and understand site plans and recorded maps.
- Knowledge of PC functions, and standard MS Office products such as Word and Excel.
- Strong customer service skills and principles.
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize time and tasks to best achieve daily work assignments.
- Ability to work well independently as well in a team environment.
How to Apply
Closes December 13, 2017
Applicants can access online portal to submit: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?SID=%5eKlnNsIPif6VAS_slp_rhc_VZpmiVZrut6h8qco2CgbtupxBtrw8t5zpY7ZpCy4esgJIcCw4c&jobId=3298316&type=search&JobReqLang=1&recordstart=1&JobSiteId=5050&JobSiteInfo=3298316_5050&GQId=0
Steven Finn, Land Development Administrator