Name of Employer: Triangle J Council of Governments
Employer Website: www.tjcog.org
Job title: Program Analyst
Job Details / Description
Salary range $43,674 to $69,879 – hiring range $43,674 to $50,225
The Triangle J Council of Governments (TJCOG), a dynamic regional planning organization serving 43 local governments and other stakeholders in the Research Triangle Region of North Carolina, seeks an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated Water Resources and Infrastructure Program Analyst to join our team. The successful candidate must be positive, highly organized, and be able to deliver top-quality products in a timely manner. The Analyst must be able to work successfully in a multi-disciplinary team environment as well as independently to support a wide range of projects, programs, and partnerships.
Description of Work
The successful candidate will be part of a diverse regional planning department engaged in long-term, regional issues and direct technical assistance integrating water resources management, environmental quality, economic development, and infrastructure. The successful candidate will work with other TJCOG planning staff and a wide range of partners from local, regional, and state government, academic institutions, private organizations, and special interest groups. The work will focus on water supply planning and management, including watershed protection, as well as policy research, data analysis, and mapping related to water, infrastructure, and economic development issues. The analyst will provide staff support for various meetings and committees, develop plans and reports, assist with grant applications and reporting, and administrative and project management.
The successful candidate must have a positive, customer-focused orientation, be able to deliver high-quality products in a timely manner, and be able to work in a team environment to support a wide range of projects, programs and partnerships.
Job Candidate Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and policies affecting water resources, tools and techniques to manage water resources, and general economic development principles.
- Excellent research and synthesis skills.
- Excellent communication (written, oral), interpersonal, and consensus-building skills, as well as the ability to understand different perspectives and identify creative solutions.
- Must be self-motivated, diligent, and able to work on multiple projects concurrently with limited direct supervision.
- Experience with desktop-based ESRI geographic information systems (GIS) and proficiency in Microsoft word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Oral and written fluency in a language other than English is a plus; preference given to candidates with Spanish-language skills.
Training and Experience
A master’s degree in environmental science, environmental management, water resources, hydrology, engineering, planning, or related field plus at least 2 years’ experience in a municipal, county, sustainability or regional profession is required.
Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in a related field, extensive experience and demonstrated advanced knowledge in a related field, and that have documented participation in specialized instruction (e.g. associated with professional accreditation) may be considered.
This position is classified as a Planner II in TJCOG’s pay and classification plan.
How to Apply
- Download TJCOG employment application at: http://www.tjcog.org/employment-opportunities.aspx
- Send completed application package (cover letter, completed application and resume) to:
Employment – Program Analyst
Triangle J Council of Governments
4307 Emperor Blvd, Suite 110
Durham, NC 27703
or by email to email@example.com with the subject Program Analyst.
Incomplete application packages will not be considered. This position is open until filled with initial review of applications beginning on December 7, 2018.
TJCOG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and designated Best Workplace for Commuters.