Name of Employer: Stewart
Employer Website: www.stewartinc.com
Job title: Project Planner
Job Details / Description:
Municipal Planning & Mobility Project Planner
Are you interested in the opportunity to reshape development patterns and leave your imprint on the built environment? Are you interested in helping grow one of Stewart’s newest service offerings? If so, a career with the Municipal Planning & Mobility team is waiting for you! Our Municipal Planning & Mobility team is currently involved in many exciting projects across the state. This position will both challenge you and enable you to grow professionally every day.
Love to learn about communities and have a desire to help guide their future? Want to have the best of both worlds — work for Stewart but at the same time work with great municipal clients? Utilizing your knowledge and background in planning you’ll work as part of an interdisciplinary team developing Unified Development Ordinances, Comprehensive Plans, Bike/Ped Plans, Small Area Plans, and other Long Range Planning studies.
This job might be for you if…
- you enjoy working with others to create contextual solutions;
- you enjoy traveling to different parts of the state;
- you have excellent technical writing skills;
- you have experience creating and editing documents in InDesign;
- you enjoy using GIS mapping and analysis;
- you have a knack for public engagement;
- you are detail-oriented and like to work on a variety of projects;
- you believe Trust, Humility, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, and Discipline are important values to embrace and live out;
- you value diversity of thought, contributing new ideas and perspectives while also respecting different points of view.
Job Candidate Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in City Planning, Urban Planning, Transportation Planning, Geography or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years of municipal planning and/or consulting experience.
- AICP certification required, or the ability to obtain within 2 years.
- Demonstrated experience writing Development Code updates, Comprehensive Plans, and other planning documents.
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to participate in night meetings and travel, as required.
How to Apply
Please visit the Careers Section of the Stewart website: http://stewartinc.com/company/careers/
Position open until filled.
Cindy Szwarckop, AICP
Practice Leader, Municipal Planning & Mobility