Name of Employer: City of Durham
Employer Website: www.durhamnc.gov
Job title: Records and Data Coordinator
Job Details / Description
The Records and Data Coordinator position is housed within Durham’s City-County Planning Department in support of the Development Services Center (DSC). Under the supervision of the Development Coordination Supervisor, this position coordinates all records management and technology components pertaining to DSC operations. The DSC is seeking a motivated, technology-oriented individual to serve City and County customers, manage records, coordinate interdepartmental transmittal of application materials, implement technology initiatives, and help make Durham a great place to live and do business.
About the Development Services Center:
Durham’s Development Services Center opened in 2017 and provides a one-stop-shop for development services, including application intake, in-person customer service, and quick turn-around for minor building projects and planning approvals. The mission of the DSC is to improve the coordination, predictability, timeliness, and quality of customer service delivery and the development review process. DSC employees coordinate with over 20 City and County Departments to administer over 70 different permit and/or review types.
- Maintain a well-organized and accurate records management system
- Fulfill public record requests
- Receive, upload, distribute, and track application materials
- Perform data entry and digitize paper records
- Produce reports and maintain land management (permitting) and other DSC data
- Schedule meetings with outside customers
- Assist with maintaining DSC web site, cashiering, greeting customers, and responding to customer inquiries
- Evaluate new technologies and improve business operations
- Develop procedures and document processes
- Provide technical support to internal customers
Job Candidate Qualifications
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent
- Three or more years of progressively responsible experience in office and administrative support procedures and processes; or any combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Experience in local government records management.
- Experience providing customer service.
- Experience managing and visualizing data.
- Experience coordinating activities across different work units.
- Experience assisting with transition from paper to digital records
- Experience assisting with technology and business process improvements.
- Proficient in Spanish.
How to Apply
Wed. 02/07/18 11:59 PM EST
Pete Sullivan, Development Services Center Manager