Name of Organization: Town of Davidson
Location (City & State): Davidson, NC
Name of RFP: Comprehensive Plan: Request for Proposals
RFP Details / Description
The Town of Davidson is excited to announce the beginning of its Comprehensive Plan process. With the support of elected leadership, the Davidson Board of Commissioners, the process will be guided by a commitment to public engagement and innovation, grounded in the town’s core values emphasizing its traditional character, village-based identity and sense of community, and commitment to achieving a high-quality of life for all residents. A full range of stakeholders encompassing the town’s citizens, advisory boards, staff, and community stakeholders such as Davidson College, local schools, non-profits, businesses, neighborhood representatives, and religious institutions will contribute to this effort. To that end, we welcome experienced, multi-disciplinary teams to join alongside us, roll up their sleeves, and offer creative solutions to further this highly-engaged community’s commitment to remaining “a distinct, sustainable, and sovereign small town.”
How to Submit a Proposal
SUBMITTAL INFO. + SELECTION PROCESS + CRITERIA
Respondents should submit a written proposal that includes:
- Firm Profile: A brief history of the firm and relevant details.
- Team: Identification of the individual or individuals in the firm/firms who will work on the project. This information should include a list of each person’s relevant experience and/or qualifications.
- Experience/Examples: Examples of previous work and relevancy to this project. This should include official references for the town’s consideration.
- Services Offered: A description of the range of services and list of products or deliverables to be provided. This should include a description of what work will be performed directly by the lead consultant and what work will be performed by sub-consultants or affiliated team members (if any).
- Work Scope: A scope of work to complete the project based on this RFP.
- Budget/Costs: Costs for the project, including hourly rates and a not-to-exceed total budget. The proposal should include alternative line-items based on the alterations/reductions in scope:
– A significant element of the mobility/transportation component is covered under Mobility Plan (some amount of transportation work could still be necessary);
– Additional design expertise that is offered for the plan and/or charrette;
– Modeling exercises incorporated into the plan;
– Public engagement events and strategies such as surveys, digital outreach, etc.;
– Phases 4 and 5.C. are handled primarily by town staff.
- Schedule: A schedule for the project, in month-long increments, including deadlines for completion of each Phase/Sub-phase including reports, dates for public meetings and charrette, and deadlines for draft plans and presentations.
Number of Copies/Address:
The proposal shall include two hard copies and one digital copy.
Send proposals to:
Cristina Shaul, Public Information Officer
216 South Main Street
PO Box 579
Davidson, NC, 28036.
Deadline: The proposal must be received no later than 4:00 p.m. Friday, June 29, 2018.
Questions: Questions should be directed to Trey Akers, Senior Planner, at 704.940.9634 or via email: email@example.com.